Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dear fam, friends, all who claim to know me or at least have an interest in finding this blog.....

well... this week has been interesting to say the least
I am completely sick, because once again, we have eaten at outback (it was Elder Rech's birthday)
and I drank my bodyweight in Guarana (closest thing to relate it is ginger ale?) whatever

Scharyannie was baptized sunday, she is incredible, unfortunately my camera died as soon as I turned it on to take a pic at her baptism, so a member took one with his phone, and will send it to me hopefully sometime soon. Schary is awesome. Marriage here takes atleast 20 days for everything to be authenticated and authorized, and will cost about 180 R$, so its going to be about a month before her grandma can be baptized, but its all still looking good. Juliano, one of our awesome incredible investigators (age 16) wants to be baptized the 27th, but his parents arent letting him for now, so we are praying earnestly for him. He lives behind the church, so it takes about 30 seconds for him to get to church. Anyways, things are good here in Rio Grande do Sul, it cooled off a bit last week, so its chilling at about the mid 80s as highs, but the AC is now fixed in the office, so we are enjoying the comfort :) This week I....
 
1. Kicked a cat (so rediculously funny)
2. Once again removed all of the hair on my hand making popcorn
3. Almost got hit by a members car who actually offered us a ride.
4. Found an area that nobody knew about here in Lindóia that is comprised only of chop-shops
5. Drank an entire carton of milk in 1 sitting (be proud of me)
6. Met a family that raises wolves.
7. Had my hand bitten by a wolf.
8. Discovered the incredible power of Google Earth (mom, you love maps, you should totally check this out)
9. Discovered that the official boundaries of many wards here are completely wrong, as in the Boundaries for the ward of Bento Gonçalves, does not actually include the city of Bento Gonçalves, where I was working, and where resides all of the ward members (including bishopric) and the chapel. hmmm.....
10. Killed a bajillion cockroaches
 
10.1 Did work in expanding the Kingdom of Heaven....
Which brings me to my next point...all you wonderful people who are considering going on missions. DO IT!!!! I can not explain how incredible the mission has already been, I've only been out for 5 months, and I can already see the blessings...
-Language- I understand almost everything that everybody says, and I can say anything that I need to. Some times the vocabulary is lacking, but I can describe it to the point where the people realize what I am trying to say and can help me from that point.
-Social skills- I can make small talk with anybody, and situations are no longer awkward, you just get used to it to the point where I don't recognize most awkward moments....they are just usually normal days.
-Body Weight- well, we shall see.....
-Health- Well, I ate 4 bowls of (yes i mean it) home-made chili yesterday :D :D :D so incredibly delicious...the people had gone to the US for a Judo-boxing tournament, and fell in love with Chili, so they brought back some Costco sized plastic canisters of Chili powder mix....so good goood gooooood :_) Also, before you leave on the mission, invest in the gigantor-sized bottles of vitamin- C and multi-vitamins, these two things keep me more healthy than anything else I am eating here.
-Studies- well, I have finally learned how to study intently without being distracted and/or falling asleep, although getting a GOOD night of sleep definitely does help (something of which I realize now I lacked this entire last year)
-Protection- Hahahahahahahahahaha, I am not dead. That means that I have been protected by a heaven-based force, there is no other explanation. We must do our part, but stuff inevitably will happen. The mission has been proof that the heavens want me here at this moment.
 
The mission has truly been a huge blessing in my life so far, and I know that if we are doing the things that we need to be doing, and trying our best to be in the right place at the right time, things will always work out.
 
All yall are awesome.... also remember your letters :D whether they be to me or anybody out in the field.
 
- "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It's our light, not our darkness that frightens us. As we liberate from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ---Marianne Williamson
 
Be awesome, be awesome beyond belief.
Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment