Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week

Well, thank you so much for the emails, I thoroughly enjoy reading them and the letters too....
 
NEWS! CONGRATULATIONS TO ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS LIZ KITTELL, OR SHOULD I SAY MRS. LIZ GREEN NOW! WOW, I JUST GOT THE NOTICE THAT SHE GOT MARRIED LAST WEEK. WOOOOOOOTTT!!!!!!! I'm supersuper happy for her.
okay...this week, well, thursday morning we got a call from our leaders telling us to go to Passo Fundo, we arrived there and stayed the night, friday morning we went to Caxias do Sul for a conference with the Doctors from São Paulo, and to recieve orientation from President and Sister Wright, and the assistentes. It was fantastic, but the new theme is inviting people to be baptized in the contacts on the road. Well, everybody was laughing and jesting about it *(its extremely uncomfortable to ask someone if they want to be baptized in the first 30 seconds of knowing them) well....we have found 4 new people to teach this week who accepted. !!!!!!!!!!! How crazy is that. The number of baptisms in this mission is skyrocketing now, in January we had a grand 28, this month we are on track to have more than 100. Yeah, think about that. Here in the south. The state that baptizes the fewest people in all of Brazil. The work is hastening 100x it is incredible.
 
My new greenie? He is incredible. The first week was a little difficult, seeing as how he spent a grande 12 days in the CTM versus the 9 weeks I was there. This week was fantastic, we are both learning tons from each other, and I have certainty that there is a reason that the two of us are here in Erechim. We found out this week that Bispo Udoh has decided to allow the city of Gaurama and Viadutros to host their own sacrament meetings so that the members out there don't have to spend a third of their income to go to church every other week. Well, if it continues like it is, they will have a branch out there in less than a year. We are working really hard to reactivate a bunch of people and here in a little bit, there will be enough preisthood holders to start a branch. I am super excited for this.
 
Reading your letter mother, made me realize that I want to learn Zulu....hmmm, I'll use the internet to learn when I get back. For now Portuguese and Spanish will have to do. Crumb! I just realized that I used a lot of my time reading the emails.... >:P   hmmm, oh well,
 
For all of you people who know the significance of numbers, we taugt a grande 15 lessons this week (as opposed to the normal 35-40) but we now have 9 dates marked for baptism, we had 7 go to church, and we have 14 who are progressing. This week was one of the best and worst weeks yet *(by way of the numbers) but I have decided that I don't care about numbers. I am only going to teach the people who want to be taught, have a desire to be baptized, and live the laws of the Lord. If somebody is going to resist and try and reason around it, I will do exactly the following, tell them to read the scriptures, ponder the things therein and pray. If they feel that God wants to make an exception to the laws, (which he won't) they can feel free to continue, but they can not be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ. I just won't put up with it. I'm done teaching people who are lazy and won't progress or go to chuch. It's that simple. Anyways thats whats been on my mind this week, I hope that my family truly enjoys their journey to NYC (yes mother I knew that there exists a Korea-town, I have a friend that used to live there)
 
Te amo, e A Igreja é verdadeira.
Elder Eliason.

No comments:

Post a Comment