Monday, January 27, 2014

esta semana

dear people,

So, this week was fun.  It was really hot, and then it got really cold, and then it got really hot again.  Fun stuff, everybody is getting sick, because of the change in temperatures.  I ate mamão, (don't try and translate that one) Its just a giant papaya.  It is really good in smoothies.....Which I still make almost every morning.   We had a huge WAVE of rain last night, which was really awesome because it was SWELTERING, and the rain makes it a lot cooler here......I had to ask the Sisters (who live in the apartment buliding on the side of our appartment building) if they had an extra blanket.....I've been sleeping on the ground with a bed sheet for the last month and a half, and because the temperature dropped so suddenly, I got cold...and I know that the sisters had a ton of quilts and blankets, so they gave me one.....  I found out later that it was the one that they would do exercises on....so it smells of "sister sweat" and is covered in hair.  Well...that was fun, we don't have dryers here, so to wash it would take about a week to dry.....and I wanted to be warm last night, so I slept with it like normal.....but had nightmares the entire night about sisteres trying to kill me. It was very very crazy.  

This week we had the baptism of our great friends Eufrodinha and her great-granddaughter, Cris.   Eufrodinha, or vovozinha as we call her, is about to celebrate her 86th birthday.  She is almost deaf, but we taught her anyways.  Her great-granddaughter, Cris, is awesome too, but I just have to say that I was VERY nervous that the baptism of Eufrodinha would not go well (usually the water is ICE COLD) but by some miracle, the water was very warm.  It was on Saturday, which was VERY cold, the entire week was pushing 95 degrees, but Saturday decided to hit 60 and rain.  We were very worried that we would have to confirm her in the temple.....hehehehe. oops... anyways. Besides this, there wasn't tons that happened this week....we taught 26 lessons with members this week...I think that is a new record for me...oh well.  oh!! Eulfrodinha is the oldest baptism that I have had yet, the closest to her was Francisco (age 72) who will recieve the Preisthood this Sunday! :D  

Anyways, Brittany, drinking Onion Juice is probably the funniest thing that I have ever heard of as a joke for a greenie,... we thought about doing the member change in Osorio, where our friend (Marcelo) who looks 19 but is a married RM etc...2nd councilor in the branch.... would grab his old name-tag and meet the greenie at the buss station, take him down to the apartment building (2 blocks away from the bus station) where we would be hiding and tapeing when his wife (she looks very young too)  would come out and they would start making out.  Just to see how the greenie would react.  But we decided better to just pretend that they were all investigators and eat lunch. But....it would be VERY funny anyways....

1 more week until the transfer day....so next week, we'll know if I'll stay here in Passo Fundo, or if I'll be transfered. Thanks for everything everybody :D

Love you all to the dust,
Elder Eliason
vamos lembrar que ela tem quase 86 anos....

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment