Monday, May 19, 2014

It's snowing, no, it's raining, no, it's sweating, no, I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

This week we walked to the moon and back.

And it was hot, cold, windy, rainy, sunny, hail-y, and about every other idea under the sun.  

Our baptism this week fell through, he is a 15 year old young man who has 5 best friends that are recent converts.  Easy.  Too easy.  So easy that he disappeared.  Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, he never passed by his house, always out with friends.  -.-   We're out of credits (they fall Wednesday) so we couldn't call him, we used all of the credits on my phone card that I bought, and when we used the phone in the Bishops office, his cell-phone was dead.  Ugh.  Anyways, we'll have 3 or 4 baptisms this week I hope so, it'll recompense for this weeks loss. 

This week's principle to study, is to "NOT TEACH APOSTASY IN YOUR SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!"     PLEASE everybody, be an apostasy monitor.  You can only say it so many times (Jesus the Christ, Mormon Doctrine, The Great Apostasy, etc....every book ever written by any apostle).   DO NOT TEACH OPINION AS DOCTRINE.   At the minimum, use what Elder Bruce R. McConkie said in his last testimony.  "In speaking of these wondrous things I shall use my own words, though you may think they are the words of scripture, words spoken by other Apostles and prophets." These were his OWN WORDS.

  EX: Please, if you see anybody verbally trashing a recent convert for not using a dress, but slacks at church.  STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT.  There is a difference between Culture and Church Doctrine.


Alright, I need to calm down, repent, etc...   Please, do what is right.  Don't be stupid.  That's my council for this week.

Dad- yes, I can give a talk when I get home.

On that note, yesterday, I was called upon to give a talk in the middle of Sacrament Meeting without my knowing beforehand.  That was fun.  Everybody knows how excelent of a speaker I am -.-     I am not David Burnham who can whip a 30 minute talk out of the air on the spot.  Anyways, it went well.  We all recieved a new book to be added to our Missionary Library- 
The Power of Everyday Missionaries by Clayton M. Christensen.  It's good, I wish every member could read it.

Have a fantastic week :)
Elder Eliason

p.s. we got free churrasco from a drunk on the street..... that was fun, he cut it off the spit into our hands as we ate on the curb.  :)..........

No comments:

Post a Comment