Monday, May 26, 2014

Parabéns Tanner!!!!!!


Well, if all yall don't know, my brother Tanner Eliason was called on a mission to the Montevideo Uruguay mission.  Uruguay is about a 10 hour drive from where I am right now, and I have tons of friends that are members that are from there.  I'm super pumped for him. 

This week in a rap, was about the same as last week.  There really isn't that much difference between the weeks, there are tiny little things that make a difference, but not much.  This week was colder, I got sick eating Churrasco again, my companions feet started smelling like rotting cheese... not much difference...

cool thing- I found out that a young man in the ward got a 2,000 R$/month salary to play League of Legends, a video game that all of Brazil is super addicted to. (note- that pay is about 3X minimum wage here- good enough to support a family off of) He is in a championship league right now, and if he wins the championship game, he and his team all will win 1,000,000 R$ each.   He's ranked number 3 in the world.  Crazy huh?  maybe I should quit college, quit the army, and win money playing video games......... he only plays 14-16 hours a day.....

We were able to get the permission of the mother of the 4 kids who keep coming to church (miracle-it's been about 3 years that the Elders have been trying to get those signatures).  They've been going to church for the last 3 years, and never have been baptized.  Turns out I'm not tha bad at sweet-talking parents.  They'll be baptized saturday. (please pray that all goes well)

Anyways, we're going to make lasagna today. I'm excited. I love home-made lasagna here in brazil, they use crepes instead of lasagna noodles, and add white sauce, tomato/pizza sauce, ground beef, cheese, ham-lunchmeat, and "green smell"  I think it's parsley, but I have yet to figure out exactly what it is.... my mouth is watering. 

Oh, I found out that we are now prohibited (thanks to the area 70) to watch any of the world cup games.  We have to stay in our apartment the entire day of all of the games of brazil or of those that will be held in our state.  What does that mean???  ------> If Brazil doesn't make it past the first round, we are out for the minimum 7 days.   What does that mean??? I'm going to have to re-read Jesus the Christ again to not go nuts!

 Have a fantastic week everybody,
Elder Eliason

p.s. Sorry if my last few letters sounded a bit angry, I've been called to repentance (I read Alma 5,6,7 this morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment