Monday, November 25, 2013

aqui achamos o resto de nossa aventura....

well, here we go, here we go again, I surely know, surley know again.... treadmills and all....

well, this week has been hot. very hot.  so hot in fact, that it's hard for me to sleep (pushing 90º some times) we don't have a fan in our house, and so I lay at night sweating, wishing it were winter.  Good news! It's going to storm tonight, which should drop the temperature to a comfortable 60....something, I hope.. :)  Lots of sun screen, water, getting sick after every lunch because of the heat, etc....... life is good.  I remember every day that my blood is Sweedish and English, 2 places where it doesn't get to rediculously hot.  I also miss the air conditioned mission office, where I passed last summer :D   anyways, I'll stop complaining about the heat, and be greatful that the world didn't end in 2012.... 

My companion is AWESOME, after cleaning the bathroom, today I layed down to try and sleep, what did he do? he put on some hymns on my little mp3/flashdrive music player that I bought, and did a super deep-clean of our kitchen, when I finally decided to take a cold shower to try and cool off, 20 minutes later, he was intricately scrubbing the inside of the blender with a toothbrush.

We teach so incredibly well together, it's like we've been companions for a long time.  We found the most elect family EVER this week.  They live in the 1 rich neighborhood in our area, and are christians, but their church that they frequent is very general, doesn't require anything, just a good word to listen to every weekend, but they are SUPER intelligent and SUPER AWESOME!!!!!! they're legally married, which for us just is a signal from God that they are elects.  They LOVE the scriptures, and are super excited to learn with us.  I'm super excited to teach them tomorrow!!!!! 

awwww, our investigator, Anna, just called, she's overloaded at work, so we can't have family home evening at her house tonight as planned :( oh well, Plan B, C, and D put action.....

anyways- a member grabbed us yesterday at church and introduced a man to us, his name is Francisco, I wanted to say it slowly about 30 times (ahem, Elf is a common quoted movie at my house.) He's white, but from Nigeria, Africa.  He speaks english, and LOVED church yesterday and we hope that he can be baptized sunday.  I'm excited.

Anna and her husband, Marcos, have decided that the neighboring kids are bad influences, so they have started having wholesome activities in their house every night for the neighborhood kids to learn positive things, usually involving games and gospel topics. we are waiting for their marrige (dia 21 de dezembro) for them to be baptized.  Yesterday they took 4 of the neighboring kids to church with them, not including 3 of their daughters that will be baptized with them. I'm super excited :D  anyways, I have to go

amo vocês,
elder eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment